Recently I created a baby shower invitation with matching programs and I just received a nice thank you accompanied with pictures from the event. The mother-to-be thanked the hosts and specifically mentioned the “stunning programs.” I think custom programs, or as I call them Game Books, are a must if you’re playing shower games. We’ve all played the same games, but have you been treated to beautiful books with creative names and custom ideas? Here the guests played “Oh Baby, Bingo” and “Baby Tastebud Challenge.” The hosts also needed place cards and menus, so essentially we created an all-in-one program with place card, menu and game book. You got to do what works. Below are rules for the games played. You can also see more game ideas on our website: Daisy Social, Bridal Garden Party and Vote for Baby.
To Play “Oh Baby, Bingo”:
- Create bingo cards using the names of baby items (i.e. blankets, onesies, diapers, pacifiers, teddy bear). Replace the word B-I-N-G-O at the top with M-O-M-M-Y. Make a custom card for each guest.
- At the party, have guests mark off the items as the mother-to-be opens her shower gifts.
- First person to get 5 in a row must shout “Mommy.” First person heard by the new mom wins.
To Play “Baby Tastebud Challenge”:
- Get an assortment of baby food. Remove labels from the jars and replace with a number. Around 8-10 jars is enough.
- At the party, give each guest a spoon and pass around the jars for guests to taste. Have guests write down what flavor they think is in each jar.
- Person with the most correct guesses wins.