If someone was to ask me if I collect anything, my first response would be no. However, upon further reflection, there are a lot of things I collect. I’m all about antique glass, mason jars, milk glass, kraft wrapping paper, pedestal stands and as you’ll see in this post — mercury glass.
I’m simply in love with mercury glass. I consider it a must have staple for decorating my house and using at parties. And when I gathered all my votives together to do the photo shoot for this post, I realized I might just have an obsession.
my love has grown to obsession. Why am I obsessed and think you should be too?
- It’s simply beautiful. If I see it, I must have it. The majority of my collection is votive holders, but I love vases, figurines, lamps, mirrors or anything else they make in this lovely metallic finish.
- It goes with anything. You can interchange pieces throughout the rooms in your house and it will just work. And if you’re hosting a party, they add a great final touch to any theme.
- There are so many different shapes, sizes, patterns and colors — mercury accents create that perfect eclectic, yet unified, look.
- Votives look great even when they are unlit.
- The soft glow of the votives creates an elegant and enchanting atmosphere.
- It’s widely available. My favorite places to buy are West Elm, Home Goods, T.J.Maxx and antique stores.
- It’s affordable. You can get a votive for as low as $3 at Home Goods and you can get even luckier and find sets of 6 for as low as $10.
So what are you obsessed with? Leave a comment with your must-have party accents or home decor items.