Today’s your lucky day (pun intended). I have multiple things for you in this post: 1) Magically Delicious Treats Recipe, 2) a 50% discount for Places for Faces, and 3) a FREE Shamrock download.
First up, the Places for Faces Leprechauns
These little leprechauns make me happy, happy, happy. And they were so easy to make thanks to the new website Places for Faces. All I did was upload my pictures and then the website takes you through cropping, adding the clipart you want, picking a template and then downloading your final PDF. Seriously so easy and they have clipart for all different occasions so it’s a perfect way to quickly customize your decor for your next party.
And I’m happy to say Places for Faces is offering my followers 50% off now through the end of April! Just go to Places for Faces and at checkout enter the discount code: TONALITYDESIGNS. You can use the discount as many times as you want, so go get creative!
If looking to duplicate what I did, I wanted my final leprechauns to be slightly bigger than the size of the Places for Faces “Dessert Toppers” Template so instead I used their “It’s My Birthday Sign” Template and then printed the file at 40%. I hope that helps.
Magically Delicious Treats Recipe
For this you basically follow the same recipe you would use for Rice Crispy Treats, but, you guessed it, you use Lucky Charms. I saw the idea of either adding white chocolate to the tops or bottoms—as if they needed to be even sweeter—on Pinterest and ended up loosely following the recipe I found on A Pumpkin and A Princess’ blog (be sure to check it out as they have other wonderful ideas too)! I really loved the idea dipping the bottoms into the white chocolate as it kind of makes the bars look like they are frozen milk and cereal.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Nonstick parchment paper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 12 oz white chocolate (I like Ghiradelli White Melting Wafers)
- Spray a 10″ cake pan or 9″ x 13″ pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large pot melt the butter. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove pot from heat.
- Stir in Lucky Charms cereal until completely combined.
- Evenly spread marshmallow mixture into the prepared pan and press it into an even layer. Let it set (about 30 minutes).
- Once set, cut into squares. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate. I purchased Ghiradelli White Melting Wafers so it was super easy to melt using the microwave.
- Dip bottoms of your Lucky Charm treats into the white chocolate and place on your parchment paper. I added more white chocolate to all of them with a spoon to help fill in the nooks and crannies. Let them set and then enjoy!
FREE Shamrock Download